Monday 19 April 2010

Where would you use a VOKI?

Hi All,

I have already embedded a Voki in a previous post and talked about how I would use them to help engage students with Reading Difficulties. Voki’s can be presented as another way to demonstrate speech. For example, I would use a Voki to demonstrate to the class how they should be reading and use it to demonstrate how a 'good' running record would sound, through including fluent reading and demonstrations of self correction.

Additionally, I would use a Voki as a ‘hook’ when introducing a new topic to the class. Voki’s are a fantastic way to engage the students. For example, this term my class is doing a Unit of Work titled ‘What on Earth?’ It is all about natural disasters and Earth. I would use a Voki to introduce this topic in the following way…


Get a Voki now!



I would like to know how anyone else would use a Voki and if you have any other examples to share?

Regards
Chloe.

No comments:

Post a Comment